How we spend our money makes a powerful statement about who we are and what we value. As Christ followers, our generosity flows from understanding that all we have is not ours to own, but has been entrusted to us by God for a purpose. Jesus did not shy away from teaching about a lifestyle of generosity. In fact, He spoke of money more than any other subject. Money is important to Him not because he needs our money, but because he knows how easily love of money can become a roadblock in our relationship with Him — “You cannot serve both God and money” (Matthew 6:24).
At New North Church, we endorse the biblical guidelines set forth for all believers regarding giving.
We believe giving should be:
- Between you and God (Matthew 6:2-4)
- Done with a willing and cheerful heart (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Consistent and regular (1 Corinthians 16:1-2)
- Sacrificial and generous (Mark 12:41-44; 2 Corinthians 9:6)
- Directed primarily toward those who lead and feed you (1 Corinthians 9:11)
How to Give
There are several ways you can give at New North Church.
Give online. Create an account for recurring or one-time gifts.
Give with cash or a check and drop it in the offering on a Sunday morning.
Donate stock through a transfer. (Contact Linda Lee for more details.)