Sign up for daily updates
Last updated on March 24, 2020. We want to stay engaged and connected through this shelter in place — sign up to receive daily updates using the form at the top of this page.
New North is staying up-to-date on the progress of COVID-19 around the world and in our region. We are mindful of the latest information and guidelines from our federal, state, county, and city officials. This is a rapidly evolving situation and we are continuously discussing and weighing what’s best for our community and the New North Church family. We will update this page promptly as new developments arise.
We know you may have some questions about New North's response to the virus, and we've tried to answer some of those questions below. If you still have questions, email email@example.com and we will get back to you with an answer!
Are we suspending Sunday services at New North Church?
- Yes, we are suspending services at our campus through April 5. We will instead be live streaming our 10:30am service and doing Church in Homes. As of now, we will resume having services on campus on Easter Weekend (beginning with Good Friday on April 10).
Will you continue to live stream amidst the new "shelter in place" order?
- Yes, our 10:30am live stream on Sundays will continue through April 5, even amidst the "shelter in place" order from San Mateo County.
I need help/prayer — can someone assist me?
- We would love to assist you. If you need someone to help you with errands, meals, or more, complete this form and one of our care team members will be in touch.
- If you would like prayer, please text "NNPRAYER" to 94000 and one of our prayer partners will pray with/for you.
I want to help — is there something I can do?
- Yes! We need people to run errands, arrange meals, and more for those who need assistance during this challenging time. Sign up here.
- For other ways to assist individuals who are at risk of COVID-19, email Lily Jow (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will help direct you to different needs in our church body and broader community.
Are we suspending midweek ministries?
- Yes, we are suspending WBS, Men’s Fraternity, MOPS, and Student Ministries Life Groups through April 12.
- Community Groups are continuing to meet via Google Hangouts.
Where can I find the link to this Sunday’s live stream?
- The link to the livestream is here.
Are we suspending student ministries and kids ministry?
- Yes, we are suspending student ministries and kids ministry through April 5.
Are there other scheduled events that have been cancelled or postponed?
- Yes, all events scheduled through April 9 have been postponed.
- Specifically, our Unity Night of Worship originally scheduled for March 20 has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Our events page is current.
Where can I find official health guidelines for COVID-19?
- New North Church follows the official health guidelines from multiple sources, including World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and San Mateo County Health (SMCH).
Where can I find past sermons?
- All of our sermons through this past Sunday are published here.
When will New North Church officially start meeting in person again?
- We are staying up-to-date on all health recommendations, and we want to do what is best for the health and safety of our community and New North family. As of now, we will resume having services on campus on Easter Weekend (Good Friday is on April 10).
How can I give to New North?
- New North is financially sustained purely through your giving. As we suspend gatherings, we encourage you to give through the following ways:
- Send a check directly from your checking account. Use your checking account “Bill Pay” feature and select New North Church as the Payee
- Give online here
- Mail in a check to our office located at 355 Gellert Blvd, STE 140, Daly City, CA 94015
How can I help individuals who are at risk for COVID-19?
- Please contact Lily Jow (email@example.com) who will help direct you to different needs throughout our church body and neighbors.
Are other churches suspending meetings?
- Yes, due to government recommendations, most other churches in the area are also moving from in-person services to online.
Is Easter still happening on campus at New North Church?
- As of now, we are planning to have Easter services at our campus.