Sign up for daily updates
Last updated on July 26, 2020. We want to stay engaged and connected through this unprecedented time — sign up to receive daily updates using the form at the top of this page.
New North is staying up-to-date on the progress of COVID-19 around the world and in our region. We are mindful of the latest information and guidelines from our federal, state, county, and city officials. This is an ever-changing situation and we are continuously discussing and weighing what’s best for our community and the New North Church family. We will update this page promptly as new developments arise.
We know you may have some questions about New North's response to the virus, and we've tried to answer some of those questions below. If you still have questions, email email@example.com and we will get back to you with an answer!
Is New North meeting in person?
- No, our on campus services are suspended until further notice. We are instead live streaming our services at 9am, 11am, and 1pm. See the graph below for more insight into our tentative gathering stages.
Does your live stream align with current government guidelines?
- Yes, we are operating within our government's framework for religious organizations.
I need help/prayer — can someone assist me?
- We would love to assist you. If you need someone to help you with errands, meals, or more, complete this form and one of our care team members will be in touch.
- If you would like prayer, please text "NNPRAYER" to 94000 and one of our prayer partners will pray with/for you.
I want to help — is there something I can do?
- Yes! We need people to run errands, arrange meals, and more for those who need assistance during this challenging time. Sign up here.
- For other ways to assist individuals who are at risk of COVID-19, email Lily Jow (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will help direct you to different needs in our church body and broader community.
What's happening with midweek ministries?
- All midweek ministries are relaunching in September and will be online only to begin with! Email Irina Coombes at email@example.com to learn more or sign up.
Where can I find the link to this Sunday’s live stream?
- The link to the live stream is here.
Are we suspending student ministries and kids ministry?
- Yes, most in person students and kids ministries are suspended until further notice. However, some students groups are beginning to meet in person — email Pastor Willie for more info on in person and online gatherings.
What online events can I be a part of?
- Our events page is current and has a variety of ways you can stay connected digitally.
Where can I find official health guidelines for COVID-19?
- New North Church follows the official health guidelines from multiple sources, including World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and San Mateo County Health (SMCH).
Where can I find past sermons?
- All of our sermons through this past Sunday are published here.
When will New North officially start meeting in person again?
- We are staying up-to-date on all health recommendations, and we want to do what is best for the health and safety of our community and New North family. We don't yet have a date for when we will be gathering again at our campus, but we look forward to that day with eagerness! In the mean time, you can gain insight into our tentative gathering stages here.
How can I give to New North?
- New North is financially sustained purely through your giving. As we suspend in person gatherings, we encourage you to give through the following ways:
- Send a check directly from your checking account. Use your checking account “Bill Pay” feature and select New North Church as the Payee
- Give online here
- Mail in a check to our office located at 355 Gellert Blvd, STE 140, Daly City, CA 94015
How can I help individuals who are at risk for COVID-19?
- Please contact Lily Jow (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will help direct you to different needs throughout our church body and neighbors.